Thursday 13 January 2011
It was Thursday, under the sign of Capricorn (see planets position on January 13, 2011). The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of January people in US were listening to Firework by Katy Perry.
Tyrannosaur, directed by Paddy Considine, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2011
while In Too Deep by Jayne Ann Krentz was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Green Hornet.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Avernum: Escape from the Pit or Coin Drop!.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 13 January 2011
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 January 2011!
Which were the important events of 13 January 2011 ?
- In Sweden, Christmas ends on the 20th day, St. Knut's Day. Children celebrate a party throwing out the Christmas tree (julgransplundring).
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 13 January
- Protests in Tunisia:
- At least six people are killed in further clashes: three in Menzel Bourguiba, one in Bizerte and one in Tataouine. (Al Jazeera)
- President Zine El Abidine Ben Ali gives a televised address during which he attempts to appease protesters by vowing not to seek re-election in 2014. He also promises an end to live firing of ampquotreal bulletsampquot: three more people are killed in the Tunis suburb of Aouina less than an hour later. (''The Guardian'')
- Forces loyal to incumbent Ivory Coast President Laurent Gbagbo attack and burn United Nations vehicles. (Al Jazeera)
- A British cruise ship avoids a possible Somali pirate attack off the coast of Tanzania in the Indian Ocean. (CNN)
- Israeli–Lebanese conflict:
- Israel places troops stationed in northern Israel on high alert following the collapse of the Lebanese government. (''Haaretz'')
- Executives of the troubled U.S. book retailer Borders meet with publishers to appeal for financing. (TheStreet.com)
- United States banks foreclose on a record one million mortgages in 2010. (ABC News Australia)
- China is reported to have the highest wind power capacity after adding 16GW in 2010, bringing its total to 41.8GW, with the U.S. in second with 40.2GW installed. (Reuters)
- The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency revokes a permit for a proposed coal mine in West Virginia which would have been one of America's largest citing ampquotdestructive and unsustainable mining practices that jeopardize the health of Appalachian communities and clean waterampquot. (Reuters)
- Major credit rating agencies Standard Poor’s and Moody’s warn the U.S. that its increasing national debt may lead to a lowering of the nation's credit rating. (''New York Times'')
- Floods in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil:
- The death toll continues to rise, with over 500 confirmed casualties. (AFP via ''Sydney Morning Herald'')
- President Dilma Rousseff announces a R$ 780 million ($466.2 million) emergency relief budget for the areas affected. (''The Telegraph'')
- Floods in Queensland, Australia:
- Flood waters peak in Brisbane, Australia, missing historic levels but still threatening thousands of homes. (Dow Jones via ''Wall Street Journal'')
- The death toll reaches at least 15 and is expected to rise as search and rescue efforts continue. (ABC News)
- More than one million people are affected by flooding in Sri Lanka, with 21 dead and 270,000 made homeless. (''The Hindu'')
- 10 people are killed in a hotel fire in Hunan, China. (''Shanghai Daily'')
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 2011 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- Can't Be Friends - Trey Songz
- Aston Martin Music - Rick Ross Featuring Drake & Chrisette Michele
- What's My Name? - Rihanna Featuring Drake
- No Hands - Waka Flocka Flame Featuring Roscoe Dash & Wale
- Right Thru Me - Nicki Minaj
- Make A Movie - Twista Featuring Chris Brown
- Lay It Down - Lloyd
- Deuces - Chris Brown Featuring Tyga & Kevin McCall
- Wiz Khalifa - Black And Yellow
- No BS - Chris Brown
Top #10 Latin songs
- Danza Kuduro - Don Omar & Lucenzo
- Loca - Shakira Featuring El Cata
- Ni Lo Intentes - Julion Alvarez y Su Norteno Banda
- Corazon Sin Cara - Prince Royce
- Bon, Bon - Pitbull
- Arrastrando Las Patas - Larry Hernandez
- Nina De Mi Corazon - La Arrolladora Banda el Limon de Rene Camacho
- Me Encantaria - Fidel Rueda
- Sergio Vega - Millonario de Amor
- Robarte Un Beso - Intocable
Top #10 Rock songs
- The Black Keys - Tighten Up
- Linkin Park - Waiting For The End
- World So Cold - Three Days Grace
- Stone Sour - Say You'll Haunt Me
- Neon Trees - Animal
- Cage The Elephant - Shake Me Down
- Kings Of Leon - Radioactive
- Mumford & Sons - Little Lion Man
- Muse - Undisclosed Desires
- Porn Star Dancing - My Darkest Days Featuring Zakk Wylde
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
- Gilead Sciences GILD: opens at $37.88
- Union Pacific UNP: opens at $97.98
- United Technologies UTX: opens at $79.49
- HP Inc. HPQ: opens at $45.47
- 1 CHF = 6.8528 CNY
- 1 CAD = 6.6765 CNY
- 1 CAD = 0.9739 CHF
- 1 AUD = 6.586 CNY
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?