Monday 15 July 1918
It was Monday, under the sign of Cancer (see planets position on July 15, 1918). The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Bertram Brockhouse and Arthur Laurents.
A Pair of Silk Stockings, directed by Walter Edwards, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1918
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 15 July 1918
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 July 1918!
Which were the important events of 15 July 1918 ?
- Saint Vladimir the Great's day (Eastern Orthodox; Roman Catholic)
- Confuflux (Discordianism)
- Saint Swithun's feast day (Anglican Church)
- Japan - Third day of Obon feast period
- Palermo, Sicily - Festival of Santa Rosalia
- Brunei - Birthday of the Sultan and Yang Di-Pertuan of Brunei Darussalam
- Botswana - President's Day
- Saint Donald's feast day
- Brazil - International Men's Day
- Bertram Brockhouse: Canadian physicist and academic Nobel Prize laureate (d. 2003).
- Ingmar Bergman: Director.
- Arthur Laurents: Playwright.
- Lord Buxton of Alsa: CEO (ITV).
- Joan Roberts: American actress.
- Brenda Milner: English-Canadian neuropsychologist and academic.
- 2nd Battle of Marne began during WWI
- Shooting of the Romanov family: By order of the Bolshevik Party and carried out by the Cheka, Tsar Nicholas II, his wife Alexandra Feodorovna, their children, Olga, Tatiana, Maria, Anastasia, and Alexei, and retainers are executed at the Ipatiev House in Ekaterinburg, Russia.
- August ndash The ''Spanish Flu'' (influenza) becomes pandemic over 30 million people die in the following 6 months (almost twice as many as died during the war).
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1918 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Everybody's Crazy 'Bout the Doggone Blues (But I'm Happy) - Wilbur Sweatman's Original Jazz Band
- Just Like Washington Crossed the Delaware, General Pershing Will Cross the Rhine - Prince's Orchestra