Wednesday 17 July 1918
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Carlos Manuel Arana Osorio and Jean Boizeau.
Uncle Tom's Cabin, directed by J. Searle Dawley, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1918
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
What the sky looked like on 17 July 1918
Is this date important to you?
Commemorate it with a beautiful, custom-made star map of the constellations above you on 17 July 1918. A perfectly unique and touching gift!
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 July 1918!
Which were the important events of 17 July 1918 ?
- Kyoto, Japan - Gion Matsuri
- Various mathematics departments - Yellow Pig's Day
- South Korea - Constitution Day
- Puerto Rico - Luis Mu�oz Rivera's Birthday
- Feast Day of St Cynllo
- Iraq - Ba'ath Revolution Day
- Carlos Manuel Arana Osorio: President of Guatemala (d. 2003).
- Jean Boizeau: Nevers Journalist.
- Carlos Osorio: Guatemalan soldier and politician President of Guatemala (d. 2003).
- Red Sovine: American singer-songwriter and guitarist (d. 1980).
- Aleksei N Romanov: Son of tsar Nicolas II, executed at 13.
- Alexandra Fjodorova: Wife of tsar Nicolas II, shot to death at 46.
- Anastasia N Romanova: Daughter of tsar Nicholas, executed at 17.
- Botkin: Personal Physician of tsar Nicolas II, shot to death.
- Charitonov: Cook of tsar Nicolas II, shot to death.
- Demidova: Lady in waiting of tsar Nicolas II, shot to death.
- Maria Romanova: Daughter of tsar Nicolas II, shot to death.
- Nicolas II Aleksandrovitch: Last tsar of Russia, executed at 50.
- Olga Romanova: Daughter of tsar Nicolas II, shot to death.
- Tatyana Romanova: Daughter of tsar Nicolas II, shot to death.
- Trupp: Lackey of tsar Nicolas II, shot to death.
- Family of: Emperor Nicholas II Alexandrovich (Born 1868).
- Longest errorless game, Chicago Cubs beat Philadelphia Phillies 2-1 in 21 innings.
- On the orders of the Bolshevik Party carried out by Cheka, Tsar Nicholas II of Russia and his immediate family and retainers are murdered at the Ipatiev House in Ekaterinburg, Russia.
- The RMS Carpathia, the ship that rescued the 705 survivors from the RMS Titanic, is sunk off Ireland by the German SM U-55; 5 lives are lost.
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1918 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Everybody's Crazy 'Bout the Doggone Blues (But I'm Happy) - Wilbur Sweatman's Original Jazz Band
- Just Like Washington Crossed the Delaware, General Pershing Will Cross the Rhine - Prince's Orchestra