Saturday 13 July 1918
It was Saturday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Alberto Ascari and André Rousset.
A Pair of Silk Stockings, directed by Walter Edwards, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1918
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 13 July 1918
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 July 1918!
Which were the important events of 13 July 1918 ?
- Mongolia - Naadam Holiday, 3rd day
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of K�lim�t (Words) - First day of the seventh month of the Bah�'f Calendar
- Bon Festival - Buddhist festival to honor the dead (East Japan)
- Kiribati - Independence Day, 2nd day (not a holiday)
- Alberto Ascari: Italian motor racer, world motor champion 1952-53.
- Fletcher Byrom: American business executive, CEO of Koppers co.
- André Rousset: French Catholic clergyman, who was Bishop Emeritus of Pontoise.
- Andr? Conia: Ouistreham physician.
- Ronald Bladen: American painter and sculptor (d. 1988).
- Marcia Brown: American author and illustrator (d. 2015).
- The National Czechoslovak Committee is established.
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1918 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Just a Baby's Prayer at Twilight (For Her Daddy Over There) - Edna White's Trumpet Quartet
- Hello Central, Give Me No Man's Land - Al Jolson
- Original Dixieland Jazz Band - At the Jazz Band Ball