Friday 19 July 1918
It was Friday, under the sign of Cancer (see planets position on July 19, 1918). The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Nelson Mandela and Jacques Anjubault.
A Pair of Silk Stockings, directed by Walter Edwards, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1918
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 19 July 1918
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 July 1918!
Which were the important events of 19 July 1918 ?
- According to sitcom Father Ted, previous events that occurred on July 19 included Galway being liberated by the Indians, Marathon was renamed Snickers and the Ice Age ended.
- St. Symmachus
- St. Machrina
- St. Arsenius
- Catholic - Feasts of St. Vincent de Paul
- Nicaragua - National Liberation Day
- Myanmar - Martyr's Day
- Malaysia - Birthday of Yang di-Pertuan Besar of Ng Sembilan
- Roman festivals - Lucaria
Famous Birthdays:19 July
- Joost van Vollenhoven: Netherlands -- Governor-General (French West-Africa).
- Washington catcher Eddie Ainsmith applies for deferment from the draft Secretary of War Newton D Baker rules baseball players are not draft exempt
- German armies retreat across Marne River in France (WW I).
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1918 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Everybody's Crazy 'Bout the Doggone Blues (But I'm Happy) - Wilbur Sweatman's Original Jazz Band
- Just Like Washington Crossed the Delaware, General Pershing Will Cross the Rhine - Prince's Orchestra