Friday 19 July 1918
It was Friday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Jacques Anjubault .
Uncle Tom's Cabin, directed by J. Searle Dawley, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1918
while The Amazing Interlude by Mary Roberts Rinehart was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 July 1918!
Which were the important events of 19 July 1918 ?
- According to sitcom Father Ted, previous events that occurred on July 19 included Galway being liberated by the Indians, Marathon was renamed Snickers and the Ice Age ended.
- St. Symmachus
- St. Machrina
- St. Arsenius
- Catholic - Feasts of St. Vincent de Paul
- Nicaragua - National Liberation Day
- Myanmar - Martyr's Day
- Malaysia - Birthday of Yang di-Pertuan Besar of Ng Sembilan
- Roman festivals - Lucaria
- Joost van Vollenhoven: Netherlands -- Governor-General (French West-Africa).
- Washington catcher Eddie Ainsmith applies for deferment from the draft Secretary of War Newton D Baker rules baseball players are not draft exempt
- German armies retreat across Marne River in France (WW I).
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1918 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Just a Baby's Prayer at Twilight (For Her Daddy Over There) - Edna White's Trumpet Quartet
- Original Dixieland Jazz Band - At the Jazz Band Ball
- Hello Central, Give Me No Man's Land - Al Jolson
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?