Thursday 4 July 1918, US Independence Day
It was Thursday, under the sign of Cancer (see planets position on July 4, 1918). The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Abigail van Buren and Ann Landers.
A Pair of Silk Stockings, directed by Walter Edwards, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1918
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 4 July 1918
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 July 1918!
Which were the important events of 4 July 1918 ?
- Filipino-American Friendship Day
- In astronomy, the approximate date of Earth's aphelion.
- United States and Denmark - Independence Day (1776)
- Abigail van Buren
- Ann Landers
- Taufa'ahau Tupou IV
- Alec Bedser
- Pauline Phillips: American journalist and radio host created Dear Abby (d. 2013).
- Buster Davis: Johnstown, Pennsylvania -- Choral director (Garry Moore Show).
- Tāufaʻāhau Tupou: Tāufaʻāhau Tupou IV of Tonga (d. 2006).
- King Taufa'ahau: Tupou IV of Tonga (d. 2006).
- Eppie Lederer: American journalist and radio host (d. 2002).
- Johnnie Parsons: American race car driver (d. 1984).
- Altar dedicated at full-scale replica of Stonehenge at Maryhill, Washington.
- Bolsheviks kill Tsar Nicholas II of Russia and his family (Julian calendar date).
- Ottoman sultan Mehmed VI ascends to the throne.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1918 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Three Wonderful Letters from Home - Henry Burr
- Lafayette (We Hear You Calling) - Reinald Werrenrath
- Liberty Forever! - Victor Military Band