Thursday 4 July 1918, US Independence Day
It was Thursday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Buster Davis and King Taufa'ahau.
Cupid Angling, directed by Albert Morrison, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1918
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 July 1918!
Which were the important events of 4 July 1918 ?
- Filipino-American Friendship Day
- In astronomy, the approximate date of Earth's aphelion.
- United States and Denmark - Independence Day (1776)
- Buster Davis: Johnstown, Pennsylvania -- Choral director (Garry Moore Show).
- King Taufa'ahau: Tupou IV of Tonga (d. 2006).
- Eppie Lederer: American journalist and radio host (d. 2002).
- Johnnie Parsons: American race car driver (d. 1984).
- Pauline Phillips: American journalist and radio host created Dear Abby (d. 2013).
- Tāufaʻāhau Tupou: Tāufaʻāhau Tupou IV of Tonga (d. 2006)
- Altar dedicated at full-scale replica of Stonehenge at Maryhill, Washington.
- Bolsheviks kill Tsar Nicholas II of Russia and his family (Julian calendar date).
- Ottoman sultan Mehmed VI ascends to the throne.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 4 July 1918
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1918 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Little Mother of Mine - John McCormack
- There's a Little Blue Star in the Window (And it Means All the World to Me) - Henry Burr
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?