Monday 15 January 1912
It was Monday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Michel Debré and Michel Debre.
Three Tales of Terror, directed by Jacob Fleck, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1912
while Their Yesterdays by Harold Bell Wright was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 January 1912!
Which were the important events of 15 January 1912 ?
- Kerala in India - Makaravilakku or Makara Sankranthy at Sabarimala.
- Jallikattu in South India.
- United States - Traditionally, Martin Luther King Day.
- North Korea - Korean Alphabet Day.
- Malawi - John Chilembwe Day.
- Roman Catholic Church - Saint Ides, virgin, died January 15, 570.
- Roman Empire - Second day of the Carmentalia in honor of Carmenta.
- Wikipedia Day.
- Michel Debré: French politician, a minister and author.
- Michel Debre: French politician (d. 1996).
- Jakob Fick: German Nazi Obersturmbannführer (Lieutenant Colonel), in the Waffen SS during World War II who was awarded the Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1912 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Alexander's Ragtime Band - Victor Military Band
- Her Bright Smile Haunts Me Still - Walter Van Brunt & John Bieling
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?