Sunday 15 July 1956US date format: 7/15/1956, UK date format: 15/7/1956
It was Sunday, under the sign of Cancer (see birth chart on July 15, 1956). The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Ian Curtis and Joe Satriani.
In UK I'll Be Home by Pat Boone was in the top 5 hits.
High Society, directed by Charles Walters, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1956
while Comfort Me With Apples by Peter De Vries was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Man Against Crime.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 15 July 1956
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Personalized book about You
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 July 1956!
Which were the important events of 15 July 1956 ?
- Saint Vladimir the Great's day (Eastern Orthodox; Roman Catholic)
- Confuflux (Discordianism)
- Saint Swithun's feast day (Anglican Church)
- Japan - Third day of Obon feast period
- Palermo, Sicily - Festival of Santa Rosalia
- Brunei - Birthday of the Sultan and Yang Di-Pertuan of Brunei Darussalam
- Botswana - President's Day
- Saint Donald's feast day
- Brazil - International Men's Day
- Ian Curtis: British musician, the charismatic leader...
- Joe Satriani: American guitarist.
- André Vallini: French politician.
- Frank Pé: Belgian comic book artist, best known...
- Barry Melrose: Canadian ice hockey player coach and...
- Kathy Kreiner: Canada -- Giant slalom (1976 Olympics -...
- Wayne Taylor: South African race car driver.
- Steve Mortimer: Australian rugby player and coach.
- Toshihiko Seko: Japanese runner (world record 25 / 30...
- Marky Ramone: American drummer (Ramones, Richard Hell...
- Beverly Hanson / Kathy Cornelius wins LPGA Hot Springs Golf Invitational
- Iharos runs world record 10k (28:42.8)
Birth chart on this day
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1956 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Top #5 songs in the UK
- Pat Boone - I'll Be Home
- Teenagers featuring Frankie Lymon - Why Do Fools Fall In Love
- Elvis Presley - Heartbreak Hotel
- All Star Hit Parade (EP) - Various Artists
- I'm Walking Backwards For Christmas / Bluebottle Blues - The Goons
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?