Sunday 15 July 1956
It was Sunday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Kathy Kreiner and Toshihiko Seko.
In UK I'll Be Home by Pat Boone was in the top 5 hits.
High Society, directed by Charles Walters, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1956
while The Last Hurrah by Edwin O'Connor was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Armchair Theatre.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 July 1956!
Which were the important events of 15 July 1956 ?
- Saint Vladimir the Great's day (Eastern Orthodox; Roman Catholic)
- Confuflux (Discordianism)
- Saint Swithun's feast day (Anglican Church)
- Japan - Third day of Obon feast period
- Palermo, Sicily - Festival of Santa Rosalia
- Brunei - Birthday of the Sultan and Yang Di-Pertuan of Brunei Darussalam
- Botswana - President's Day
- Saint Donald's feast day
- Brazil - International Men's Day
- Kathy Kreiner: Canada -- Giant slalom (1976 Olympics - Gold Medalist).
- Toshihiko Seko: Japanese runner (world record 25 / 30 km).
- Marky Ramone: American drummer (Ramones, Richard Hell & the Voidoids).
- Ian Curtis: British musician, the charismatic leader and vocalist of the Manchester-based post-punk "urban-depressive" rock band "Joy Division.
- Frank Pé: Belgian comic book artist, best known for Broussaille and Zoo.
- André Vallini: French politician. He is President of the general council for Isère.
- Joe Satriani: American guitarist
- Barry Melrose: Canadian ice hockey player coach and sportscaster
- Steve Mortimer: Australian rugby player and coach
- Wayne Taylor: South African race car driver
- Beverly Hanson / Kathy Cornelius wins LPGA Hot Springs Golf Invitational
- Iharos runs world record 10k (28:42.8)
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 15 July 1956
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1956 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Top #5 songs in the UK
- Pat Boone - I'll Be Home
- Teenagers featuring Frankie Lymon - Why Do Fools Fall In Love
- Elvis Presley - Heartbreak Hotel
- All Star Hit Parade (EP) - Various Artists
- I'm Walking Backwards For Christmas / Bluebottle Blues - The Goons
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?