Saturday 28 July 1956
It was Saturday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Luca Barbareschi and Gilbert Ysern.
In UK I'll Be Home by Pat Boone was in the top 5 hits.
Bigger Than Life, directed by Nicholas Ray, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1956
while The Rosemary Tree by Elizabeth Goudge was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Armchair Theatre.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 July 1956!
Which were the important events of 28 July 1956 ?
- St. Celsus
- St. Victor
- St. Innocent
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 5 saints: St. Nazarius
- San Marino - Fall of the Fascist Government
- Peru - Independence Day
- Faroe Islands - �lavs�ka Eve
- Canada - Commemoration of the deportation of the Acadians
- St. Sampson (a bishop)
- Luca Barbareschi: Italian-Uruguayan actor, television presenter and politician, a member of the Italian Chamber of Deputies.
- Gilbert Ysern: French tennis administrator, the director of Roland-Garros (The French Open, a major tennis tournament held over two weeks between late May and early June in Paris, France).
- John Feinstein: American journalist and author.
- Robert Swan: English explorer.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1956 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Top #5 songs in the UK
- Pat Boone - I'll Be Home
- Teenagers featuring Frankie Lymon - Why Do Fools Fall In Love
- Elvis Presley - Heartbreak Hotel
- All Star Hit Parade (EP) - Various Artists
- I'm Walking Backwards For Christmas / Bluebottle Blues - The Goons
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?