Sunday 29 July 1956
It was Sunday, under the sign of Leo (see planets position on July 29, 1956). The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Viv Anderson and Faustino Ruperez.
In UK I'll Be Home by Pat Boone was in the top 5 hits.
Storm Center, directed by Daniel Taradash, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1956
while The Power Elite by C. Wright Mills was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Man Against Crime.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 29 July 1956
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 July 1956!
Which were the important events of 29 July 1956 ?
- Viv Anderson
- Faustino Ruperez: Spanish cyclist.
- Samual Herring: American sadist, the brutal attacker of Phyliss Cottle on 3/19/1984, 11:30 AM EST, Akron, OH.
- Brenda Hocott: LPGA golfer.
- Teddy Atlas: American boxer trainer and sportscaster.
- Ronnie Musgrove: American lawyer and politician 62nd Governor of Mississippi.
- Faustino Rupérez: Spanish cyclist.
- WCKT (now WSVN) TV channel 7 in Miami, Florida (IND) begins broadcasting
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1956 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Top #5 songs in the UK
- Pat Boone - I'll Be Home
- Teenagers featuring Frankie Lymon - Why Do Fools Fall In Love
- Elvis Presley - Heartbreak Hotel
- All Star Hit Parade (EP) - Various Artists
- I'm Walking Backwards For Christmas / Bluebottle Blues - The Goons
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?