Sunday 15 June 1919
It was Sunday, under the sign of Gemini (see planets position on June 15, 1919). The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Ben Keller and Gene Barry.
Hearts and Flowers, directed by Edward F. Cline, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1919
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 15 June 1919
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 June 1919!
Which were the important events of 15 June 1919 ?
- Commemoration of Evelyn Underhill (Anglican mystic and poet)
- Roman Catholic Church ? Feast of Saint Germaine Cousin, patron of shepherdesses and of victims of child abuse
- Roman Catholic Church and some Anglican churches: Corpus Christi (moveable feast, 2006)
- Saint Vitus' Day ? Vitus Diena held in medieval Latvia
- Malawi's Freedom Day
- Commemoration of William Adams (Miura Anjin ????) a man shipwrecked in Japan in the 1600s, and whom James Clavell's "Shogun" was based upon
- Flag Day in Denmark
- Roman Empire ? ninth and final day of the Vestalia in honor of Vesta
- Ben Keller: American publicity rep and philanthropist.
- Gene Barry: Actor.
- Alberto Sordi: Rome, Italy -- Actor (Miser, Taxi Driver in NY).
- 1st nonstop Atlantic flight (Alcock & Brown) lands in Ireland
- John Alcock and Arthur Brown complete the first nonstop transatlantic flight when they reach Clifden, County Galway, Ireland.
- Pancho Villa attacks Ciudad Juárez, Mexico. When the bullets begin to fly to the American side of the border, two units of the 7th Cavalry Regiment of the U.S. Army crossed the border to repulse Villa's forces away from American territory.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1919 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- When the Boys Come Home - Louis Gravieure
- The St. Louis Blues - Al Bernard
- That Tumble-Down Shack in Athlone - Sterling Trio
- Smile and the World Smiles with You - Lewis James & Peerless Quartet