Thursday 19 June 1919
It was Thursday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Louis Jourdan and Pauline Kael.
True Heart Susie, directed by D.W. Griffith, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1919
while Dangerous Days by Mary Roberts Rinehart was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 June 1919!
Which were the important events of 19 June 1919 ?
- Juneteenth ? celebrates the Emancipation Proclamation.
- Louis Jourdan: Marseilles, France -- Actor (Gigi, Can-Can, Madame Bovary).
- Pauline Kael: American film critic for over 30 years, known for having a "feisty, stimulating and sometimes most infuriating voice" in American movie criticism, primarily exercised in the "New Yorker" where she began writing a column in 1968.
- Paul Blanquet: Clermont-Ferrand physician.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1919 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
- Smile and the World Smiles with You - Lewis James & Peerless Quartet
- That Tumble-Down Shack in Athlone - Sterling Trio
- When the Boys Come Home - Louis Gravieure
- The St. Louis Blues - Al Bernard
- A Good Man is Hard to Find - Wilbur Sweatman's Original Jazz Band
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?