Thursday 19 June 1919
It was Thursday, under the sign of Gemini (see planets position on June 19, 1919). The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Pauline Kael and Louis Jourdan.
The Lost Battalion, directed by Burton L. King, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1919
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 19 June 1919
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 June 1919!
Which were the important events of 19 June 1919 ?
- Juneteenth ? celebrates the Emancipation Proclamation.
- Pauline Kael: American film critic for over 30 years, known for having a "feisty, stimulating and sometimes most infuriating voice" in American movie criticism, primarily exercised in the "New Yorker" where she began writing a column in 1968.
- Louis Jourdan: Marseilles, France -- Actor (Gigi, Can-Can, Madame Bovary).
- Paul Blanquet: Clermont-Ferrand physician.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1919 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- That Wonderful Mother of Mine - Henry Burr
- A Good Man is Hard to Find - Wilbur Sweatman's Original Jazz Band
- I'm Forever Blowing Bubbles - Charles Hart & Elliot Shaw
- Forever is a Long, Long Time - Charles Hart