Sunday 29 June 1919
It was Sunday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Slim Pickens and Ernesto Corripio y Ahumada.
The Lost Battalion, directed by Burton King, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1919
while The Desert of Wheat by Zane Gre was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 June 1919!
Which were the important events of 29 June 1919 ?
- The Netherlands - Veterans Day.
- Feast of Saints Peter and Paul (also a local holiday in Rome, of which they are patron saints)
- Seychelles - Independence Day.
- Slim Pickens: American film and TV actor, rodeo clown and veteran of the rodeo circuit.
- Ernesto Corripio y Ahumada: Mexican cardinal (d. 2008).
- Lloyd Richards: Canadian-American actor and director (d. 2006).
- Jose Gregorio: Hernandez Venezuelan physician (Born 1864).
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1919 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Bring Back Those Wonderful Days - Bert Williams
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?