Wednesday 15 September 1920
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Roger Pic and Kym Bonython.
Over the Hill to the Poorhouse, directed by Harry Millarde, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1920
while A Man for the Ages by Irving Bacheller was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 September 1920!
Which were the important events of 15 September 1920 ?
- Bulgaria - The first day of school.
- Japan - Respect for the Aged Day before 2003; beginning in 2003, Respect for the Aged Day is held on the third Monday of September.
- The United Kingdom - the British commemorate the Battle of Britain on the day of the last massive Luftwaffe attack in 1940.
- Also see September 15 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics).
- RC Saints - Feast day of Our Lady of Sorrows.
- Independence Day from Spain (1821) for Costa Rica, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, and Nicaragua, celebrated everywhere with marches from schoolchildren.
- In ancient Greece, the second day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, when the priests of Demeter declared the public start of the rites.
- In Slovakia - Holyday of the Seven sorrows of Virgin Maria
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1920 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Shannon Four - Wond'ring
- Chili Bean - Paul Biese Trio & Frank Crumit
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?