Friday 17 September 1920
It was Friday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Dinah Sheridan and Marjorie S Holt.
Ginger Snaps, directed by firstlook, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1920
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 17 September 1920
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 September 1920!
Which were the important events of 17 September 1920 ?
- RC Saints - Feasts of Saint Lambert (martyr), Hildegard of Bingen
- United States - Constitution Day (observed on the previous Friday if it falls in a weekend), Citizenship Day, Von Steuben Day
- Netherlands - Operation Market Garden is still remembered with parachuting and dedications on this day.
- Also see September 17 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- The fourth day of the Eleusinian Mysteries in ancient Greek mythology, when the initiates sacrificed a pig.
- Angola - National Heroes' Day
- Dinah Sheridan: British actress in TV, theater and films for seven decades.
- Marjorie S Holt: (Rep-R-Maryland, 1973- ).
- Cards set a record of 12 consecutive hits in 4th (10) and 5th (2) innings
- National Football League organizes in Canton Ohio 12 teams pay $100 each to join American Prof Football Association
- The National Football League is organized in Canton, Ohio, United States.
- The National Football League was founded.