Friday 17 September 1920
It was Friday, under the sign of Virgo (see planets position on September 17, 1920). The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Dinah Sheridan and Marjorie S Holt.
Ginger Snaps, directed by firstlook, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1920
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 17 September 1920
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 September 1920!
Which were the important events of 17 September 1920 ?
- RC Saints - Feasts of Saint Lambert (martyr), Hildegard of Bingen
- United States - Constitution Day (observed on the previous Friday if it falls in a weekend), Citizenship Day, Von Steuben Day
- Netherlands - Operation Market Garden is still remembered with parachuting and dedications on this day.
- Also see September 17 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- The fourth day of the Eleusinian Mysteries in ancient Greek mythology, when the initiates sacrificed a pig.
- Angola - National Heroes' Day
- Dinah Sheridan: British actress in TV, theater and films for seven decades.
- Marjorie S Holt: (Rep-R-Maryland, 1973- ).
- Cards set a record of 12 consecutive hits in 4th (10) and 5th (2) innings
- National Football League organizes in Canton Ohio 12 teams pay $100 each to join American Prof Football Association
- The National Football League is organized in Canton, Ohio, United States.
- The National Football League was founded.