Sunday 16 April 1939
It was Sunday, under the sign of Aries (see planets position on April 16, 1939). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Dusty Springfield and John DeLaFose.
The Four Feathers, directed by Zoltan Korda, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1939
On TV people were watching Percy Ponsonby.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 16 April 1939
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 April 1939!
Which were the important events of 16 April 1939 ?
- Saint Paternus
- Saint Bernadette
- Blessed HervT of Tours
- Saint Turibius
- Saint Fructuosus
- Saint Drogo.
- Saint Benedict Joseph Labre
- Mawlid in Shi'a Islam (2006).
- Birthday of the Danish sovereign, Queen Margrethe, celebrated in Greenland.
- Saints Martial, Urban, Eventius, Caecilian, Julia, and their companions, martyrs of 304
- Dusty Springfield: Pop Singer.
- John DeLaFose: Zydeco Musician.
- Margaretha de: Boer; Dutch minister (PvdA).
- Reinier Lucassen: Dutch painter (Kuifje contra James Union).
- Donald MacCormick: Scottish broadcast journalist.
- Muhammad Khalid Masud: Educator.
- John Amabile: American football player and coach (d. 2012).
- John Delafose: American accordion player (d. 1994).
- Boris Dvornik: Croatian actor (d. 2008).
- Laurent Verbiest: Belgium sport Champion.
- Stalin requests British, French and Russian anti-Nazi pact
- Stanley Cup: Boston Bruins beat Toronto Maple Leafs, 4 games to 1.