Tuesday 16 July 1946
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Cancer (see planets position on July 16, 1946). The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Ann Turkel and Hassanal Bolkiah.
Black Angel, directed by Roy William Neill, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1946
On TV people were watching Musical Contrasts.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 16 July 1946
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 July 1946!
Which were the important events of 16 July 1946 ?
- Botswana - President's Day (2nd day)
- Catholic - Feast of Our Lady of Mount Carmel
- Ann Turkel
- Hassanal Bolkiah: Statesman.
- Francis Desmedt: Belgian Wicca Grand Master.
- Martin Steinbrecher: American ceramics manufacturer, entrepreneur, noted family, brother of astrologer Ed Steinbrecher, eye color: brown; right-handed, married twice, one child.
- Louise Fréchette: Canadian civil servant and diplomat Deputy Secretary-General of the United Nations.
- Linda Ronstadt: Musician.
- Barbara Lee: American politician.
- Richard LeParmentier: American-English actor and screenwriter (d. 2013).
- Ron Yary: American football player.
- Toshio Furukawa: Japanese voice actor.
- Attempt made to recall Mayor Lapham (1st time in SF history)
- US court martials 46 SS to death (Battle of Bulge crimes) in Dachau
- Bureau of Land Management (BLM) within Department of the Interior (formed by merger of Grazing Service and General Land Office).