Tuesday 16 January 1945
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Kabir Bedi and William Walsh.
A Song to Remember, directed by Charles Vidor, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1945
while The Robe by Lloyd C. Douglas was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching On Stage, Everybody (1945 TV Series).
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 January 1945!
Which were the important events of 16 January 1945 ?
- National Religious Freedom Day in the United States, to commemorate the adoption of Thomas Jefferson's landmark Virginia Statute for Religious Freedom in 1786
- Teacher's Day in Thailand
- Kabir Bedi: Actor (Thief of Baghdad, Terminal Entry).
- William Walsh: American attorney, indicted 10/01/1992 on 29 counts of bank fraud and 29 counts of false statements.
- Wim Suurbier: Dutch footballer and manager.
- Dennis Donnini: British rifleman (Victoria Cross), dies in battle at age 19.
- Scottish 52nd land division / 1st Commando brigade-assault at Heinsberg
- Carl Karcher opens his first restaurant, Carl's Drive-In Barbeque in Los Angeles, California.
- US 1st and 3rd army meet at Houffalise.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1945 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Sammy Kaye & His Orchestra - Always
- You Always Hurt the One You Love - Sammy Kaye & His Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?