Monday 16 June 1941
It was Monday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Lamont Dozier in Detroit and Mumtaz Hamid Rao.
The Big Store, directed by Charles Riesner, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1941
while For Whom the Bell Tolls by Ernest Hemingwa was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 June 1941!
Which were the important events of 16 June 1941 ?
- South Africa - Youth Day.
- Roman Catholic Church - Feast of Saint John Regis, patron of medical social workers.
- Bloomsday, in honour of Leopold Bloom, the hero of James Joyce's Ulysses set on 16 June, 1904.
- 16 June Movement
- Lamont Dozier in Detroit: Michigan, USA; songwriter (Dozier-Holland-Dozier).
- Mumtaz Hamid Rao: Pakistani journalist.
- Lamont Dozier: American songwriter and producer.
- Tõnu Õim: Estonian correspondence chess grandmaster.
- Mumtaz Rao: Pakistani journalist (d. 2011).
- Lodo of Hamel: 1st Dutch secret affiliate.
- 1st US federally owned airport opened Washington DC
- First US federally-owned airport opened in Washington DC.
- All German and Italian consulates in the United States are ordered closed and their staffs to leave the country by July 10.
- WWII: Royal Navy planes sink the Vichy French ship Chevalier Paul
- United States Army Air Corps becomes the Army Air Forces.
- Walt Disney's live-action animated feature, ''The Reluctant Dragon'', is released.
- WWII: Italy and Romania declare war on the Soviet Union.
- WWII: The First Sisak Partisan Brigade, the first anti-fascist armed unit in occupied Europe, is founded by partisans near Sisak, Croatia.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?