Monday 16 June 1941US date format: 6/16/1941, UK date format: 16/6/1941
It was Monday, under the sign of Gemini (see birth chart on June 16, 1941). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Lamont Dozier and Lamont Dozier in Detroit.
Sergeant York, directed by Howard Hawks, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1941
On TV people were watching CBS Television Quiz.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 16 June 1941
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Personalized book about You
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 June 1941!
Which were the important events of 16 June 1941 ?
- South Africa - Youth Day.
- Roman Catholic Church - Feast of Saint John Regis, patron of medical social workers.
- Bloomsday, in honour of Leopold Bloom, the hero of James Joyce's Ulysses set on 16 June, 1904.
- 16 June Movement
- Lamont Dozier: American songwriter and producer.
- Harry Nilsson: Musician.
- Lamont Dozier in Detroit: Michigan, USA; songwriter...
- Mumtaz Hamid Rao: Pakistani journalist.
- Tõnu Õim: Estonian correspondence chess...
- Mumtaz Rao: Pakistani journalist (d. 2011).
- Lodo of Hamel: 1st Dutch secret affiliate.
- 1st US federally owned airport opened Washington DC
- First US federally-owned airport opened in Washington DC.
- All German and Italian consulates in the United States are ordered closed and their staffs to leave the country by July 10.
- WWII: Royal Navy planes sink the Vichy French ship Chevalier Paul
- United States Army Air Corps becomes the Army Air Forces.
- Walt Disney's live-action animated feature, ''The Reluctant Dragon'', is released.
- WWII: Italy and Romania declare war on the Soviet Union.
- WWII: The First Sisak Partisan Brigade, the first anti-fascist armed unit in occupied Europe, is founded by partisans near Sisak, Croatia.