Monday 16 December 1929
It was Monday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Georges Dupeyron and Ian Board.
Skyscraper Symphony, directed by Robert Florey, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1929
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 16 December 1929
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 December 1929!
Which were the important events of 16 December 1929 ?
- R.C. Saints - O Sapientia ; Adelaide of Italy
- South Africa - Day of Reconciliation
- Nepal - Constitution Day (To be confirmed)
- Kazakhstan - Independence Day
- Bahrain - National Day
- Bangladesh - Victory Day
- Ian Board: Barkeeper.
- Georges Dupeyron: French astrologer, specializing in meteorological astrology and analysis of earth quakes.
- Paul Nizon: Swiss art historian and writer.
- Jean-Charles Thomas: French Catholic clergyman, who was Bishop Emeritus of Versailles.
- Nicholas Courtney: Egyptian-English actor (d. 2011).
- Chicago Blackhawks 1st game at Chicago Stadium, beat Pittsburgh Pirates, 3-1
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1929 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Ruth Etting - More Than You Know
- Chant of the Jungle - Roy Ingraham & His Orchestra