Monday 16 December 1929
It was Monday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Ian Board and Georges Dupeyron.
The Manxman, directed by Alfred Hitchcock, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1929
while Roper's Row by Warwick Deeping was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 December 1929!
Which were the important events of 16 December 1929 ?
- R.C. Saints - O Sapientia ; Adelaide of Italy
- South Africa - Day of Reconciliation
- Nepal - Constitution Day (To be confirmed)
- Kazakhstan - Independence Day
- Bahrain - National Day
- Bangladesh - Victory Day
- Ian Board: Barkeeper.
- Georges Dupeyron: French astrologer, specializing in meteorological astrology and analysis of earth quakes.
- Paul Nizon: Swiss art historian and writer.
- Jean-Charles Thomas: French Catholic clergyman, who was Bishop Emeritus of Versailles.
- Nicholas Courtney: Egyptian-English actor (d. 2011).
- Chicago Blackhawks 1st game at Chicago Stadium, beat Pittsburgh Pirates, 3-1
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?