Wednesday 16 October 1940
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Libra (see planets position on October 16, 1940). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Dave Debusschere and Roland Castro.
Christmas in July, directed by Preston Sturges, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
On TV people were watching Gabby.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 16 October 1940
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 October 1940!
Which were the important events of 16 October 1940 ?
- Dave Debusschere
- Roland Castro: French architect and political activist.
- David Debusschere: American basketball player, a forward with the Pistons and the Knicks.
- David De Busschere: Detroit sports Champions.
- Dave DeBusschere in Detroit: Michigan, USA; NBA forward (New York Knicks)/last ABA commissioner.
- Dave DeBusschere: American basketball player and coach (d. 2003).
- Ivan Mea: Italian singer-songwriter guitarist and journalist (d. 2009).
- Barry Corbin: American actor.
- Ivan Della Mea: Italian novelist, journalist, singer-songwriter and political activist.
- Lottery for 1st US WWII draftees held; #158 drawn 1st
- Benjamin O. Davis Sr. is named the first African American general in the United States Army.
- Holocaust: The Warsaw Ghetto is established.
- The draft registration of approximately 16 million men begins in the United States.