Sunday 17 August 1930
It was Sunday, under the sign of Leo (see planets position on August 17, 1930). The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Chicago (Illinois) and Ted Hughes.
Abraham Lincoln, directed by D.W. Griffith, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1930
On TV people were watching Betty Boop.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 17 August 1930
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 August 1930!
Which were the important events of 17 August 1930 ?
- Rastafarianism - celebration of the birth of Marcus Garvey
- Roman Empire - Portunalia in honor of Portunes
- Ted Hughes: British writer, England’s poet laureate from 1984, perhaps the most famous contemporary poet in the world until his death of cancer in late October 1998.
- Chicago (Illinois)
- James Gulliver: Businessman.
- Robert Culp: Actor.
- Harve Bennett: American screenwriter and producer (d. 2015).