Thursday 17 June 1920
It was Thursday, under the sign of Gemini (see planets position on June 17, 1920). The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include François Jacob and Bernard Tricot.
The Mollycoddle, directed by Victor Fleming, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1920
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 17 June 1920
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 June 1920!
Which were the important events of 17 June 1920 ?
- St. Albert Chmielowski.
- National holiday of West Germany until 1990, see Workers' Uprising of 1953 in East Germany.
- Iceland's national day, celebrating independence from Denmark in 1944.
- François Jacob: French biologist, geneticist and recipient of the Nobel Prize in physiology and medicine shared with Andre Lwoff and Jacques Monod in 1965.
- Bernard Tricot: French politician, a senior member of the Council of State and Secretary General of Elysee 1967-1969, who died on 8 June 2000 in Paris.
- Jacob H Gilbert: American politician (d. 1981).
- Fran?ois Jacob: Nancy Military man.
- Francois Jacob: France -- Biologist / bacteriologist (Nobel 1965).
- Setsuko Hara: Japanese actress.
- Peter Le Cheminant: English air marshal and politician Lieutenant Governor of Guernsey.
- Jacob Gilbert: American lawyer and politician (d. 1981).
- Beryl Reid actress (Joseph Andrews: Psycho Mania, Yellowbeard).
- Dutch 2nd Chamber accept Anti-revolution law
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1920 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Irene - Joseph C. Smith's Orchestra
- He Went in Like a Lion and Came out Like a Lamb - Billy Murray
- Hold Me - Art Hickman & His Orchestra
- Rose of Washington Square - Kentucky Serenaders