Thursday June 17, 1920
US date format: 6/17/1920, UK date format: 17/6/1920
Is this your lucky day? Bet on the figures of this date here
It was Thursday, under the sign of Gemini (see birth chart on June 17, 1920). The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democrat), the UK Prime Minister was David Lloyd George (Liberal), Pope Benedict XV was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include François Jacob and Bernard Tricot.
The Mollycoddle, directed by Victor Fleming, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1920
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of June 17, 1920?
- St. Albert Chmielowski.
- National holiday of West Germany until 1990, see Workers' Uprising of 1953 in East Germany.
- Iceland's national day, celebrating independence from Denmark in 1944.
- Dutch 2nd Chamber accept Anti-revolution law
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 17, 1920?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Kentucky Serenaders - Rose of Washington Square
- Art Hickman & His Orchestra - Hold Me
- Billy Murray - He Went in Like a Lion and Came out Like a Lamb
- Joseph C. Smith's Orchestra - Irene