Sunday 17 October 1920
It was Sunday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Rudolf Hrusinsky and Montgomery Clift.
Just Pals, directed by Jack Ford, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1920
while Mary-Marie by Eleanor H. Porter was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 October 1920!
Which were the important events of 17 October 1920 ?
- R.C. Saints - Saint Ignatius of Antioch; translation of Saint Audrey (�thelthryth); Saint Richard Gwyn
- United States - Black Poetry Day
- UN International Day for the Eradication of Poverty
- French Republican Calendar - Aubergine (Eggplant) Day, twenty-sixth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Haiti - Jean-Jacques Dessalines (1806), State holiday
- Rudolf Hrusinsky: Czechoslovakia -- Actor (Short Cut, Golden Eels).
- Montgomery Clift: American actor whose impact made him a star from the time of his first film, "Red River," 1948.
- Sauveur Rodriguez: France sport Champion.
- Miguel Delibes: Spanish journalist and author (d. 2010).
- Chicago Bears (as Decatur Staleys) play first NFL game, win 7-0.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1920 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Tell Me, Little Gypsy - John Steel
- Kismet - Isham Jones & His Orchestra
- Margie - Gene Rodemich & His Orchestra
- The Swan - Pablo Casals
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?