Thursday 18 June 1942
It was Thursday, under the sign of Gemini (see planets position on June 18, 1942). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Paul McCartney and Nick Tate.
Jackass Mail, directed by Norman Z. McLeod, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1942
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 18 June 1942
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 June 1942!
Which were the important events of 18 June 1942 ?
- Seychelles - National Day.
- Brazil - Chemist's Day.
- Father's Day, US, UK, Chile (2006).
- Autistic Pride Day, beginning in 2005.
- Paul McCartney: British musician who is most widely known as being a member of the mega-star group "The Beatles.
- Nick Tate: Australian international TV and film star, originally trained in production and directing, found himself more comfortable in front of the camera.
- Roger Ebert: American journalist critic and screenwriter (d. 2013).
- Thabo Mbeki: South African politician, inaugurated president on 6/16/1999.
- Hans Vonk (conductor)
- Carl Radle: American bass player and producer (Delaney & Bonnie and Derek and the Dominos) (d. 1980).
- Mohamed ElBaradei: Scientist.
- Hans Vonk: Dutch conductor (Born 1942).
- Thabo M Mbeki: South African economist / 1st Vice President (1994- ).
- Roger Ebert in Urbana: Illinois, USA; film critic (Siskel and Ebert at the Movies).
- John Bellany: Scottish painter and academic (d. 2013).
- Pat Hutchins: English author and illustrator.
- Bernard W Robinson, becomes 1st black ensign in US Navy
- Eric Nessler of France stays aloft in a glider for 38 hours 21 minutes.