Saturday 18 October 1919
It was Saturday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Pierre Elliott Trudeau and Anita O'Day.
Blind Husbands, directed by Erich Stroheim, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1919
while The Sky Pilot in No Man's Land by Ralph Connor was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 October 1919!
Which were the important events of 18 October 1919 ?
- Also see October 18 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- French Republican Calendar - Piment (Chili Pepper) Day, twenty-seventh day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- R.C. Church, Anglican communion, et alii - Feast of Saint Luke the Evangelist
- USA : Alaska: Alaska Day
- Pierre Elliott Trudeau
- Anita O'Day: American singer, a dazzling jazz performer for 56 years as of 1990.
- Jim Maloof: American businessman and politician, mayor of Peoria in the mid-1980s.
- Eunice Odio: notable Latin American poet.
- Pierre Trudeau: Canadian lawyer, politician and 15th Prime Minister of Canada from 1968.
- Ric Nordman: Canadian captain and politician (d. 1996).
- Camilla Williams: American soprano and educator (d. 2012).
- Pierre Elliot Trudeau (Liberal) 15th Canadian Prime Minister (1968-79: 1980-84).
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1919 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- My Swanee Home - Vivian Holt & Lillian Rosedale
- I'm Forever Blowing Bubbles - Ben Selvin & His Orchestra
- Sweet Hawaiian Moonlight - Vivian Holt & Lillian Rosedale
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?