Monday 18 September 1939
It was Monday, under the sign of Virgo (see planets position on September 18, 1939). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Frankie Avalon and Jorge Sampaio.
The Arizona Kid, directed by Joseph Kane, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1939
On TV people were watching Come and Be Televised.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 18 September 1939
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 September 1939!
Which were the important events of 18 September 1939 ?
- Also see September 18 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Chile - Independence Day (first junta 1810)
- RC Saints - Feast day of St Joseph of Cupertino and Methodius of Olympus
- In ancient Greece, the fifth day of the Eleusinian Mysteries.
- Frankie Avalon: American singer, popular in the '50s with a successful single, " Venus, " No.
- Jorge Sampaio: Portuguese lawyer and politician 18th President of Portugal.
- Steve Marcus
- Fred Willard in Ohio: USA; comedian (Fernwood 2 Night, Real People).
- Gerry Harvey: Australian businessman co-founded Harvey Norman.
- David Souter: Judge.
- Jan Willems: Belgian mathematician and theorist (d. 2013).
- Fred Willard: American actor.
- Bob Whittaker: (Rep-R-Kansas, 1979- ).
- Naresh Kumar Sohal: Composer.
- Stanis?aw Ignacy Witkiewicz: Polish writer, painter, and photographer (Born 1885).
- Polish government of Moscicki flees to Romania
- William Joyce makes his first Nazi propaganda broadcast.