Saturday 23 April 1910
It was Saturday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Simone Simon .
The Tenderfoot, directed by Ray Enright, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1910
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 23 April 1910
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 April 1910!
Which were the important events of 23 April 1910 ?
- Saint Gerard (d.1138)
- UNESCO International Day of the Book in honor of Shakespeare's and Cervantes's death on April 23, 1616.
- Turkey - National Sovereignty and Children's Day (1920)
- Israel - Yom Ha'atzma'ut (Israeli Independence Day) for 2007: (the observed date of this national holiday is determined by the Jewish Calendar).
- Independence Day for the Conch Republic
- National Beer Day in Germany
- Feast Day of Saint George: Patron saint and National Day of England
- Patron saint of the Spanish region of Arag=n
- Celebrated as St. Jordi's Day in Catalonia, presents of books and roses. See above.
- Catalonia - Lover's Day. Men receive a book as a gift from their romantic interest, while women receive roses. The book is in honor of Shakespeare's and Cervantes's death on April 23, 1616.
- Saint Adalbert of Prague
- Jurgi festival, in ancient Latvia
- International Exhibition opens in Brussels.
- Theodore Roosevelt made his The Man in the Arena speech.
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1910 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Some Day, Melinda - Arthur Collins & Byron Harlan
- Faust - Mon Coeur Est Penetre Depouvante! (My Heart is Torn with Grief) - Enrico Caruso & Geraldine Farrar
- It's Moonlight All the Time on Broadway - Billy Murray