Sunday 19 May 1918
It was Sunday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Alberto Bonucci and Abraham Pais.
Old Wives for New, directed by Cecil B. DeMille, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1918
while Dere Mable by Edward Streeter was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 May 1918!
Which were the important events of 19 May 1918 ?
- National Hug-Your-Cat Day
- NASCAR Day USA.(2006)
- Commemoration of Pontian Greeks Genocide in Greece.
- Commemoration of Atatnrk, Youth and Sports Day in Turkey (1919).
- Theophilus of Corte
- Peter Celestine
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Dunstan
- Alberto Bonucci: Italian film actor and director.
- Abraham Pais: Dutch-American physicist historian and academic (d. 2000).
- Raoul Lufbery: French-American World War I fighter pilot and flying ace (Born 1885).
- Washington's first Sunday game, Senators beat Cleveland 1-0 in 18 innings.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1918 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- I'll Take You Back to Italy - Ada Jones & Billy Murray
- Some Day They're Coming Home Again - Nora Bayes
- Sweet Emmaline, My Gal - Mike Markel's Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?