Thursday 14 October 1920
It was Thursday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Jacques Birr and Henry Suerstedt.
Just Pals, directed by Jack Ford, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1920
while Mary-Marie by Eleanor H. Porter was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 October 1920!
Which were the important events of 14 October 1920 ?
- Also see October 14 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- French Republican Calendar - Navet (Turnip) Day, twenty-third day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Teachers' Day, or National Education Day in Poland
- World Standards Day (from ISO, IEC, ITU)
- RC Saints - Pope Callistus I
- World Organ Donation Day
- Jacques Birr
- Henry Suerstedt: American military, a careerist in the US Navy and commander of the USS Tripoli beginning in 1966.
- Part of Petsamo Province is ceded by the Soviet Union to Finland.
- A peace treaty between the Soviet and the Finnish governments is concluded at Tartu.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1920 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Prince's Orchestra - Manyana
- After You Get What You Want, You Don't Want It - Van & Schenck
- Snoops, the Lawyer - Eddie Cantor
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?