Thursday 14 October 1920
It was Thursday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Jacques Birr and Henry Suerstedt.
Ginger Snaps, directed by firstlook, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1920
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 14 October 1920
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 October 1920!
Which were the important events of 14 October 1920 ?
- Also see October 14 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- French Republican Calendar - Navet (Turnip) Day, twenty-third day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Teachers' Day, or National Education Day in Poland
- World Standards Day (from ISO, IEC, ITU)
- RC Saints - Pope Callistus I
- World Organ Donation Day
- Jacques Birr
- Henry Suerstedt: American military, a careerist in the US Navy and commander of the USS Tripoli beginning in 1966.
- Part of Petsamo Province is ceded by the Soviet Union to Finland.
- A peace treaty between the Soviet and the Finnish governments is concluded at Tartu.
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1920 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Margie - Gene Rodemich & His Orchestra
- The Swan - Pablo Casals
- Tell Me, Little Gypsy - John Steel
- Kismet - Isham Jones & His Orchestra