Sunday 19 November 1939
It was Sunday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Garrick Utley in Chicago and Warren "Pete" Moore.
Another Thin Man, directed by W.S. Van Dyke II, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1939
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 November 1939!
Which were the important events of 19 November 1939 ?
- Garrick Utley in Chicago: Illinois, USA; newscaster (first Tuesday, NBC Weekend).
- Warren "Pete" Moore: US singer (Miracles-Tears of a Clown).
- Thomas Harkin: American politician, a Democratic candidate for the 1992 presidential election, an unabashed liberal and tireless crusader on foreign human rights.
- François Vallat: French military general, commander of the air force.
- Emil Constantinescu: Romanian academic and politician 3rd President of Romania.
- Tom Harkin: American commander lawyer and politician
- Ghada Karmi: Palestinian physician and academic
- Jane Mansbridge: American political scientist and academic
- Richard Zare: American chemist and academic
- Don Lash wins 6th straight Amateur Athletic Union cross-country 10km championship.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 19 November 1939
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1939 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?