Sunday 19 November 1939
It was Sunday, under the sign of Scorpio (see planets position on November 19, 1939). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Tom Harkin and Garrick Utley.
Another Thin Man, directed by W.S. Van Dyke, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1939
On TV people were watching Come and Be Televised.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 19 November 1939
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 November 1939!
Which were the important events of 19 November 1939 ?
- Tom Harkin: American commander lawyer and politician.
- Garrick Utley
- Garrick Utley in Chicago: Illinois, USA; newscaster (first Tuesday, NBC Weekend).
- Warren "Pete" Moore: US singer (Miracles-Tears of a Clown).
- Thomas Harkin: American politician, a Democratic candidate for the 1992 presidential election, an unabashed liberal and tireless crusader on foreign human rights.
- François Vallat: French military general, commander of the air force.
- Margaret Atwood: Novelist.
- Ghada Karmi: Palestinian physician and academic.
- Jane Mansbridge: American political scientist and academic.
- Richard Zare: American chemist and academic.
- Emil Constantinescu: Romanian academic and politician 3rd President of Romania.
- John O'Keefe: Scientist.
- Don Lash wins 6th straight Amateur Athletic Union cross-country 10km championship.