Thursday 23 November 1939
It was Thursday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Susan Anspach in New York City and Jean-Claude Delarue.
Destry Rides Again, directed by George Marshall, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1939
while Disputed Passage by Lloyd C. Douglas was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 November 1939!
Which were the important events of 23 November 1939 ?
- Slovenia - Rudolf Maister Day
- Japan - Kinro kansha no hi (Labour Thanksgiving Day)
- Georgia - St George's Day
- R.C. Saints - Pope Clement I, Saint Columban
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Qawl (Speech) - First day of the 14th month of the Bah�'f Calendar
- Susan Anspach in New York City: New York, USA; actress (Grace - Yellow Rose, Blume in Love).
- Jean-Claude Delarue: French founder of several associations, particularly defending public transport users, and poltician.
- Maurice Germiny: French Catholic clergyman, the bishop of Blois since 1997.
- Betty Everett: American singer and pianist (Born 1939).
- Jeri Redcorn: Potawatomi potter.
- Nazi Gov of Poland Hans Frank requires Jews to wear a blue star
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1939 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?