Thursday 23 November 1939
It was Thursday, under the sign of Sagittarius (see planets position on November 23, 1939). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Maurice Le Bègue de Germiny and Jean-Claude Delarue.
Destry Rides Again, directed by George Marshall, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1939
On TV people were watching Come and Be Televised.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 23 November 1939
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 November 1939!
Which were the important events of 23 November 1939 ?
- Slovenia - Rudolf Maister Day
- Japan - Kinro kansha no hi (Labour Thanksgiving Day)
- Georgia - St George's Day
- R.C. Saints - Pope Clement I, Saint Columban
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Qawl (Speech) - First day of the 14th month of the Bah�'f Calendar
- Maurice Le Bègue de Germiny
- Susan Anspach in New York City: New York, USA; actress (Grace - Yellow Rose, Blume in Love).
- Jean-Claude Delarue: French founder of several associations, particularly defending public transport users, and poltician.
- Maurice Germiny: French Catholic clergyman, the bishop of Blois since 1997.
- Betty Everett: American singer and pianist (Born 1939).
- Jeri Redcorn: Potawatomi potter.
- Nazi Gov of Poland Hans Frank requires Jews to wear a blue star