Monday 6 November 1939
It was Monday, under the sign of Scorpio (see planets position on November 6, 1939). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Maurice Bourgue and Ernie Wright.
Another Thin Man, directed by W.S. Van Dyke, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1939
On TV people were watching Come and Be Televised.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 6 November 1939
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 November 1939!
Which were the important events of 6 November 1939 ?
- Maurice Bourgue: Avignon Musician.
- Ernie Wright: American college/pro football player for the diego chargers and cincinnati bengals.
- Lobsang Tenzin: Leader.
- Michael Schwerner: American civil rights activist (Born 1939).
- Leonardo Quisumbing: Filipino Supreme Court jurist.
- Adolphe Max: Belgian liberal MP, dies at 69.
- WRGB TV channel 6 in Schenectady-Alby-Troy, New York (CBS) 1st broadcast
- WGY-TV (Schenectady, New York), first commercial TV station, begins service.
- World War II: Sonderaktion Krakau takes place.