Monday 6 November 1939
It was Monday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Ernie Wright and Maurice Bourgue.
Allegheny Uprising, directed by William A. Seiter, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1939
while The Grapes of Wrath by John Steinbeck was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 November 1939!
Which were the important events of 6 November 1939 ?
- Ernie Wright: American college/pro football player for the diego chargers and cincinnati bengals.
- Maurice Bourgue: Avignon Musician.
- Michael Schwerner: American civil rights activist (Born 1939).
- Leonardo Quisumbing: Filipino Supreme Court jurist.
- Adolphe Max: Belgian liberal MP, dies at 69.
- WRGB TV channel 6 in Schenectady-Alby-Troy, New York (CBS) 1st broadcast
- WGY-TV (Schenectady, New York), first commercial TV station, begins service.
- World War II: Sonderaktion Krakau takes place.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?