Tuesday 28 November 1939
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Gary Troxel and Dennis Gormley.
Destry Rides Again, directed by George Marshall, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1939
while The Grapes of Wrath by John Steinbeck was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 November 1939!
Which were the important events of 28 November 1939 ?
- Also see November 28 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Bah�'f Faith: Holy Day - Ascension of `Abdu'l-Bah�
- Episcopal Diocese of Hawaii: Feast of the Holy Sovereigns in honor of the founders of the Anglican Church of Hawaii
- Albania - Albanian Independence day (from Turkey, 1912); also known as Albanian Flag Day due to other National events that correspond to this day
- Mauritania - Independence Day (from France, 1960)
- R.C. Saints - Pope Gregory III
- Gary Troxel: Rocker.
- Dennis Gormley: American merchandise marketer, mechanical engineer and CEO in charge of Federal-Mogul, a large auto parts manufacturing company.
- Jean-Louis Thys: Belgian politician, a member of the Social Christian Party.
- Nazi Governor-General of Poland, Hans Frank organizes Judenrat
- Soviet government revokes Russian-Finnish non-attack treaty
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?