Thursday 20 April 1939
It was Thursday, under the sign of Taurus (see planets position on April 20, 1939). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Gro Harlem Brundtland and Gro Brundtland.
Juarez, directed by William Dieterle, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1939
On TV people were watching Percy Ponsonby.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 20 April 1939
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 April 1939!
Which were the important events of 20 April 1939 ?
- USA- National High Five Day
- Blessed Oda (d. 1158)
- Saint Victor (d.303)
- Saint Marcellinus
- Ridv�n begins at sunset (Bah�'f Faith).
- Festival of Matsu, Southeast Asia (2006).
- Astrology: First day of sun sign Taurus.
- Islam - Muhammad's Birthday observed in (2004)
- April 20 (4/20) is associated with 420 (cannabis culture).
- Saint Theotimus (died 407)
- Gro Harlem Brundtland: Norwegian Premier (1981-82, 86-89, 90- ).
- Gro Brundtland: Norwegian politician, the first female Prime Minister of Norway who took office on 2/04/1981.
- Claude Berejnoi
- Peter S Beagle: American author.
- Ray Brooks: English actor.
- New York World's Fair opens.
- Adolf Hitler's 50th birthday is celebrated as a national holiday in Nazi Germany
- Billie Holiday records the first Civil Rights song ''Strange Fruit''.
- Billie Holiday records quotStrange Fruitquot, the first anti-lynching song.