Thursday 21 August 1930
It was Thursday, under the sign of Leo (see planets position on August 21, 1930). The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Princess Margaret Countess of Snowdon and Frank Perry (film director).
Danger Lights, directed by George B. Seitz, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1930
On TV people were watching Betty Boop.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 21 August 1930
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 August 1930!
Which were the important events of 21 August 1930 ?
- Ninoy Aquino Day - special holiday in the Philippines.
- Orthodox - Thaddaeus
- RC saints - Pope Pius X
- Roman festivals - Consualia, in honor of Consus, is held
- Princess Margaret Countess of Snowdon
- Frank Perry (film director)
- Christiane Legrand: French jazz singer.
- Margaret : British royal family, the second daughter of King George VI who was crowned in December 1936 when she was six.
- Jean Breton: France Writer.
- Frank Perry: American director producer and screenwriter (d. 1995).
- Prohibition of Wieringermeer finished
- Her Royal Highness The Princess Margaret,was born. The younger daughter of Prince Albert, Duke of York (second son of King George V and Queen Mary, and later King George VI) and Elizabeth, Duchess of York (later Queen Elizabeth The Queen Mother), and sister to The Princess Elizabeth NB. Prince Albert becomes King George VI in December 1936 after the abdication of his older brother, Edward VIII.