Thursday 14 August 1930US date format: 8/14/1930, UK date format: 14/8/1930
It was Thursday, under the sign of Leo (see planets position on August 14, 1930). The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Liz Fraser and Don Ho.
Animal Crackers, directed by Victor Heerman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1930
On TV people were watching Betty Boop.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 14 August 1930
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 August 1930!
Which were the important events of 14 August 1930 ?
- Paraguay - Flag Day
- St. Maximilian Kolbe
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of several saints: St. Eusebius of Rome
- United States - National Code talkers Day
- Pakistan - Independence Day
- RC saints - Maximilian Kolbe (Polish Franciscan priest martyred by Nazis in 1941)
- Morocco - Allegiance of Oued Eddahab or Rfo de Oro
- United States - National Creamsicles Day
- Liz Fraser
- Don Ho: Musician.
- Gerald B H Solomon: (Rep-R-New York, 1979- ).
- Lord Chorley: Mountaineering enthusiast.
- Tomas Borge: Activist.
- Jean-Marie Curutchet: French political activist, a captain of the Organisation de l'armée secrète (OAS) ["Organisation of the Secret Army"], a short-lived French dissident far-right paramilitary organisation during the Algerian War (1954–62).
- Max Duval: French astrologer, author of the book "Les Moyens de pronostics en astrologie" (1986).
- Earl Weaver: American baseball player and manager (d. 2013).
- Earl Weaver in Saint Louis: Missouri, USA; manager (Baltimore Orioles 1968-82, 1985-86).