Tuesday 31 December 1946, NewYear’s Eve
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Capricorn (see planets position on December 31, 1946). The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Diane von Fürstenberg and Marc Forne Molne.
Dead Reckoning, directed by John Cromwell, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1946
On TV people were watching Muffin the Mule.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 31 December 1946
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 31 December 1946!
Which were the important events of 31 December 1946 ?
- New Year's Eve on the Gregorian Calendar.
- Diane von Fürstenberg: Belgian-American fashion designer.
- Marc Forne Molne: Politician.
- Barbara Carrera: Managua, Nicaragua -- Actress (Angelica-Dallas).
- Patti Smith in Chicago: Illinois, USA; singer (Radio Ethiopia).
- Diane Fürstenberg: Belgian-American entrepreneur and fashion designer.
- Diane von Furstenberg: Fashion Designer.
- Patti Smith: Musician.
- Roy Greenslade: English journalist and academic.
- Pius Ncube: Zimbabwean human rights advocate.
- Lyudmila Pakhomova: Russian ice dancer (d. 1986).
- Eric Robson: Scottish journalist and author.
- Nigel Rudd: English businessman founded Williams Holdings.
- Tim Stevens: English bishop.
- Frits [Frederik H] Tartaud: Dutch actor, dies at age 89.
- French troops leave Lebanon.
- President Harry Truman officially proclaims the end of hostilities in World War II.
- The 20nbspmm M61 Vulcan Gatling gun contract is released.
- Female suffrage is enacted in Belgium, Romania, Yugoslavia, Argentina and the Canadian province of Quebec.
- The first female police officers are hired in Korea and Japan.
- The Chinese Civil War intensifies between the Kuomintang and the Communist Party of China.
- The first ''Tupperware'' is sold in department and hardware stores.
- The British government takes emergency powers to deal with the balance-of-payments crisis.
- Eva Perón tours Spain, Italy and France on behalf of Argentina, a circuit called the Rainbow Tour.
- The NFL team San Francisco 49ers is formed.
- The Casio Company is founded by engineer Tadao Kashio.
- Binghamton University is founded.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1946 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- (I Love You) For Sentimental Reasons - Dinah Shore
- Ain't Nobody Here but Us Chickens - Louis Jordan & His Tympany Five