Saturday 14 December 1946
It was Saturday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Jane Birkin and Sanjay Gandhi.
It's a Wonderful Life, directed by Frank Capra, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1946
while This Side of Innocence by Taylor Caldwell was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Let's Celebrate.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 December 1946!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 14 December 1946 ?
- R.C. Saints - Memorial of Saint John of the Cross
- Jane Birkin: British actress and noted family, the sister of writer-director Andrew Birkin who put out "Blow-Up" in 1966.
- Sanjay Gandhi: Indian politician and noted family, the second son of Indira Ghandi and grandson of Jawaharlal Nehru.
- Patty Duke: American actress, on-screen from 1958 at age 12.
- Antony Beevor: English historian and author.
- Ruth Fuchs German Democratic Republic javelin thrower (Olympics-2 gold-1972: 1976).
- Joyce Vincent Wilson in Detroit: Michigan, USA; singer (Tony Orlando and Dawn).
- Stanley R Smith tennis champion (Wimbledon 1972: US Open-1971).
- Stan Smith: American tennis player and champion of the Men's Singles at Wimbledon in 1972.
- Stanley Smith: Actor (Honey, King of Jazz, Soup to Nuts), dies at 71.
- Peter Lorimer
- Oral Çalışlar: Turkish journalist and author.
- John Prez: English conductor and composer.
- Ruth Fuchs: German javelin thrower and politician.
- Michael Ovitz: American talent agent co-founded Creative Artists Agency.
- Jenny Sullivan: American actress.
- Joyce Wilson: American singer (Tony Orlando and Dawn and Former Ladies of the Supremes).
- Anthonius A M "Ton" Kors: Dutch writer (Hannie Schaft).
- Patty Duke [Anna Marie] in Elmhurst: New York, USA; actress (Miracle Worker).
- Jackie McCauley: in North Ireland; rock pianist (Them Coleraine).
- Three to Make Ready closes at Adelphi Theater NYC after 323 performances
- Togo made a trusteeship territory of UN
- UN General Assembly votes to establish UN HQs in New York City
- United Nations General Assembly votes to establish United Nations headquarters in New York City, New York.
- The United Nations General Assembly votes to establish its headquarters in New York City.
- The International Labour Organization becomes a specialized agency of the United Nations.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?