Tuesday 23 November 1920
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Chalmers P Wylie and Herman Nieland.
The Mark of Zorro, directed by Fred Niblo, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1920
while A Man for the Ages by Irving Bacheller was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 November 1920!
Which were the important events of 23 November 1920 ?
- Slovenia - Rudolf Maister Day
- Japan - Kinro kansha no hi (Labour Thanksgiving Day)
- Georgia - St George's Day
- R.C. Saints - Pope Clement I, Saint Columban
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Qawl (Speech) - First day of the 14th month of the Bah�'f Calendar
- Chalmers P Wylie: (Rep-R-Ohio, 1967- ).
- Herman Nieland: Dutch Organist / pianist / composer (Te Deum Laudamus).
- Paul Celan [Antschell]: German / Romanian poet (Collected Prose).
- Wayne Thiebaud: American painter.
- Jean Gourmelin: French designer who expressed himself most often using pen and ink but also in printmaking, painting and sculpture.
- Pierre Macaigne: French writer, a journalist at "Figaro" and literary columnist for "Républicain lorrain" (1978-1990).
- Paul Celan: Romanian-French poet and translator (d. 1970)
- Mohammed ibn Addoellah: Somalian resistances leader "Mad Molla".
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1920 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- I'd Love to Fall Asleep and Wake up in My Mammy's Arms - Peerless Quartet
- My Little Bimbo Down on the Bimbo Isle - Frank Crumit
- Cuban Moon - Art Hickman & His Orchestra
- Save a Little Dram for Me - Bert Williams
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?