Friday 23 January 1920
It was Friday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Erbet Pawel and Walter Frederick Morrison.
Suds, directed by Jack Dillon, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1920
while Kindred of the Dust by Peter B. Kyne was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 January 1920!
Which were the important events of 23 January 1920 ?
- Pie Day
- The Saddest day of the year is January 23 according to a recent study completed by the Cardiff University in Cardiff, Wales (a part of the Russell Group of British universities). 
- Roman Catholic Church: Feast of Blessed Marianne of Molokai
- Erbet Pawel: biographer (Kafka).
- Walter Frederick Morrison: American inventor (d. 2010).
- Henry Eriksson: Swedish runner (d. 2000).
- Walter Morrison: American businessman invented the Frisbee (d. 2010).
- Dutch refuse to turn over ex-kaiser Wilhelm I of Germany to allies
- The Netherlands refuses to surrender ex-Kaiser Wilhelm II of Germany to the Allies.
- The Netherlands refuses to extradite the German Kaiser.
- The Spanish Legion is founded and stationed in North Africa to fight lions in Morocco.
- Turkey gives up the Ottoman Empire and most of the non-Turkish areas.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1920 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Sweet and Low - Art Hickman & His Orchestra
- Hymn to the Sun (Coq D' Or) - Mabel Garrison
- When I'm Gone You'll Soon Forget - Peerless Quartet
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?