Thursday 24 January 1918
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Oral Roberts and John McLiam.
Tarzan of the Apes, directed by Scott Sidney, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1918
while Oh, Money! Money! by Eleanor H. Porter was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 January 1918!
Which were the important events of 24 January 1918 ?
- Jim Ross Day - State of Oklahoma
- Roman Catholic Church - Feasts of St. Francis de Sales and Our Lady of Peace
- Roman Empire - first day of the Sementivae in honor of Ceres and Terra
- Oral Roberts: American minister of the Pentecostal Holiness Church from his Call in 1935, becoming one of the best known evangelists in the world.
- John McLiam: Alberta, Canada -- Actor (Parker-Men From Shiloh).
- Gottfried von Einem: Bern, Switzerland -- Austrian composer (Dantons Tod).
- George Arthur Crump: Founder of the Pine Valley Golf Club in Clementon NJ (Born 1871).
- The Gregorian calendar is introduced in Russia by decree of the Council of People's Commissars effective February 14(NS)
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1918 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
- Henry Burr - Somewhere in France is the Lily
- Say a Prayer for the Boys Over There - Peerless Quartet
- Danny Boy - Ernestine Schumann-Heink
- Will You Remember? - Olive Kline & Lambert Murphy
- La Ronde Des Lutins (Dance of the Goblins) - Jascha Heifetz
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?