Thursday 24 January 1918
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aquarius (see planets position on January 24, 1918). The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Oral Roberts and John McLiam.
Tarzan of the Apes, directed by Scott Sidney, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1918
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 24 January 1918
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 January 1918!
Which were the important events of 24 January 1918 ?
- Jim Ross Day - State of Oklahoma
- Roman Catholic Church - Feasts of St. Francis de Sales and Our Lady of Peace
- Roman Empire - first day of the Sementivae in honor of Ceres and Terra
- Oral Roberts: American minister of the Pentecostal Holiness Church from his Call in 1935, becoming one of the best known evangelists in the world.
- John McLiam: Alberta, Canada -- Actor (Parker-Men From Shiloh).
- Gottfried von Einem: Bern, Switzerland -- Austrian composer (Dantons Tod).
- George Arthur Crump: Founder of the Pine Valley Golf Club in Clementon NJ (Born 1871).
- The Gregorian calendar is introduced in Russia by decree of the Council of People's Commissars effective February 14(NS)
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1918 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Somewhere in France is the Lily - Charles Hart
- I'm All Bound Round with the Mason-Dixon Line - Irving Kaufman
- La Ronde Des Lutins (Dance of the Goblins) - Jascha Heifetz
- Life in a Trench in Belgium (Part 1) - Lieutenant Gitz Rice of the First Canadians & Henry Burr