Monday 24 July 1939
It was Monday, under the sign of Leo (see planets position on July 24, 1939). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Walt Bellamy and Bob Lilly.
In Name Only, directed by John Cromwell, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1939
On TV people were watching Trooping the Colour.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 24 July 1939
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 July 1939!
Which were the important events of 24 July 1939 ?
- Utah - Pioneer Day (1847)
- St. Ruffin
- St. Wulfhad
- St. David
- St. Romanus, 2nd bishop of Rochester.
- St. Lewine
- St. Kinga/Cunegundes
- St. Francis Solano
- St. Saint Christina the Astonishing
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 9 saints: St. Lupus
- Ancient Latvia - Jekaupa Diena held
- Astrology: First day of sun sign Leo
- Vanuatu - Children's Day
- Ecuador - Sim=n Bolfvar Day
- Venezuela - the Libertador (Sim=n Bolfvar Day)
- Walt Bellamy: American basketball player, a one-time center who was first signed by the Chicago Packers after being selected in the first round of the 1961 NBA draft.
- Barry [Norman] Malzberg: Sci-fi author (Revelations, Beyond Apollo).
- Bob Lilly: NFL defensive tackle (Dallas Cowboys).
- Walter Bellamy: New Bern, North Carolina -- NBA center (Knicks / Olympic - Gold - 1960).
- David Simon: Baron Simon of Highbury English businessman and politician.