Monday 24 June 1940US date format: 6/24/1940, UK date format: 24/6/1940
It was Monday, under the sign of Cancer (see birth chart on June 24, 1940). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democrat).
Famous people born on this day include Hope Cooke and Maurizio Mosca.
The Sea Hawk, directed by Michael Curtiz, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 24 June 1940
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Personalized book about You
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 June 1940!
Which were the important events of 24 June 1940 ?
- Roman Catholic Church - Feast of Saint John the Baptist, patron saint of QuTbec
- Discovery Day in Newfoundland and Labrador (celebrating the 1497 discovery by John Cabot)
- Bannockburn Day in Scotland (see 1314 above)
- Quarter days in England
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Rahmat (Mercy) - First day of the sixth month of the Bah�'f Calendar
- Battle of Carabobo Day in Venezuela (1821)
- FOte nationale du QuTbec, also called St-Jean-Baptiste Day
- Day of Indian in Peru
- Original Midsummer's Eve in Finland and Sweden, although the official holiday is now moved to the nearest Friday
- St. John's Day in Estonia and Sao Joao in Porto
- Festival of San Juan observed in Bolivia and Peru
- American Radio Relay League - Field Day 2006
- Hope Cooke: American wealthy socialite, the Maharani...
- Maurizio Mosca: Italian writer and humorist, a sports...
- Philippe Caloni: French radio journalist.
- Maria Carta: Italian folk music singer-songwriter who...
- Vittorio Storaro: Italian cinematographer.
- France signs an armistice with Italy during WWII