Sunday 24 June 1923
It was Sunday, under the sign of Cancer (see planets position on June 24, 1923). The US president was Warren G. Harding (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Yves Bonnefoy and Marc Riboud.
The Shock, directed by Lambert Hillyer, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1923
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 24 June 1923
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 June 1923!
Which were the important events of 24 June 1923 ?
- Roman Catholic Church - Feast of Saint John the Baptist, patron saint of QuTbec
- Discovery Day in Newfoundland and Labrador (celebrating the 1497 discovery by John Cabot)
- Bannockburn Day in Scotland (see 1314 above)
- Quarter days in England
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Rahmat (Mercy) - First day of the sixth month of the Bah�'f Calendar
- Battle of Carabobo Day in Venezuela (1821)
- FOte nationale du QuTbec, also called St-Jean-Baptiste Day
- Day of Indian in Peru
- Original Midsummer's Eve in Finland and Sweden, although the official holiday is now moved to the nearest Friday
- St. John's Day in Estonia and Sao Joao in Porto
- Festival of San Juan observed in Bolivia and Peru
- American Radio Relay League - Field Day 2006
- Yves Bonnefoy: French writer, art historian, poet and literary theorist.
- Marc Riboud
- Brigitte Leonhardy: German medical assistant and Buddhist-oriented astrologer since 1968 (Zen-Buddhism).
- Jack Carter in Brooklyn: New York, USA; comedian/actor (Amazing Dobermans, Octagon).
- Margaret Olley: Australian painter and philanthropist (d. 2011).
- Pierre Amalric: Vielmur physician.
- Mel Hoderlein: American baseball player, a right-throwing/switch-hitting second baseman with the Boston Red Sox and Washington Senators between 1951 and 1954.
- Pope Pius XI speaks against allies occupying Ruhrgebied