Friday 8 June 1923
It was Friday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Warren G. Harding (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Jean Maxwell-Scott and Malcolm Boyd.
The Shock, directed by Lambert Hillyer, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1923
while His Children's Children by Arthur Train was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 June 1923!
Which were the important events of 8 June 1923 ?
- Saint Sabinianus, abbot, confessor [GTZ: Puy]
- World Ocean Day.
- Saint Audomar, bishop of ThTrouanne, confessor (Translation day)
- Saint Elphege, bishop, martyr (Translation day)
- Saint Marius, hermit [GTZ: Clermont]
- Trojecia, virgin (at Rodez)
- Roman Empire - second day of the Vestalia in honor of Vesta.
- Blessed Chlodulph, bishop of Metz
- Blessed Gildard, bishop of Rouen, confessor
- Blessed Maximinus, bishop of Aix en Provence
- Blessed William, bishop of York, confessor
- Blessed Syra of Ireland, virgin
- Syria, virgin (at Troyes)
- saint Medard, bishop of Noyon, confessor [common]
- Jean Maxwell-Scott: Lady-in-Waiting (Prin Alice Duchess Gloucester).
- Malcolm Boyd: American priest, civil rights and antiwar activist, and author of more than 20 books.
- Tom Cottrell: Scottish vice-chancellor, professor of chemistry, and author.
- Alice Coleman: English geographer and academic.
- Karel Goeyvaerts: Flemish composer (8 Horse Bet), dies at age 69.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1923 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Bambalina - Paul Whiteman & His Orchestra
- Love Sends A Little Gift Of Roses - Sam Ash
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?