Tuesday 24 June 1941
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Cancer (see planets position on June 24, 1941). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Julia Kristeva and Charles Whitman.
The Bride Came C.O.D., directed by William Keighley, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1941
On TV people were watching CBS Television Quiz.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 24 June 1941
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 June 1941!
Which were the important events of 24 June 1941 ?
- Roman Catholic Church - Feast of Saint John the Baptist, patron saint of QuTbec
- Discovery Day in Newfoundland and Labrador (celebrating the 1497 discovery by John Cabot)
- Bannockburn Day in Scotland (see 1314 above)
- Quarter days in England
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Rahmat (Mercy) - First day of the sixth month of the Bah�'f Calendar
- Battle of Carabobo Day in Venezuela (1821)
- FOte nationale du QuTbec, also called St-Jean-Baptiste Day
- Day of Indian in Peru
- Original Midsummer's Eve in Finland and Sweden, although the official holiday is now moved to the nearest Friday
- St. John's Day in Estonia and Sao Joao in Porto
- Festival of San Juan observed in Bolivia and Peru
- American Radio Relay League - Field Day 2006
- Julia Kristeva: Bulgarian-French philosopher, psychoanalyst and novelist.
- Charles Whitman: kills 15 people shooting from the Main Building at the University of Texas at Austin before being killed by the police.
- Art Heyman
- Charley Whitman: American engineering student at the University of Texas, former U.S.
- Erkin Koray: Turkish singer-songwriter and guitarist.
- Graham McKenzie: Australian cricketer.
- Entire Jewish male population of Gorzhdy Lithuania, exterminated
- Germans advanced into Russia and took Vilna, Brest-Litovsk and Kaunas
- Founding of RIA Novosti.