Monday 18 June 1923
It was Monday, under the sign of Gemini (see planets position on June 18, 1923). The US president was Warren G. Harding (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Peter Read and Herman Krebbers.
The Shock, directed by Lambert Hillyer, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1923
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 18 June 1923
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 June 1923!
Which were the important events of 18 June 1923 ?
- Seychelles - National Day.
- Brazil - Chemist's Day.
- Father's Day, US, UK, Chile (2006).
- Autistic Pride Day, beginning in 2005.
- Peter Read: New Zealand astronomer, famed in the ‘60s and ‘70s for fronting "The Night Sky", the longest running television show in New Zealand.
- Herman Krebbers: Dutch violist / concert master.
- Jean Delumeau: French historian, specializing in Catholic church history and author of several books on the subject.
- Checker Taxi puts its first taxi on the streets.
- Mount Etna erupts in Italy, making 60,000 homeless.