Thursday 25 July 1946
It was Thursday, under the sign of Leo (see planets position on July 25, 1946). The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Demetra George and André Lebrun (politician).
The Inner Circle, directed by Philip Ford, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1946
On TV people were watching Musical Contrasts.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 25 July 1946
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 July 1946!
Which were the important events of 25 July 1946 ?
- St. Thea
- Roman festivals - Furinalia
- Cuba - Eve of Revolution Day
- Mexico - Anniversary of the Foundation of Santiago de QuerTtaro
- Puerto Rico - Constitution Day (1952)
- Tunisia - Republic Day (1957)
- Virgin Islands - Hurricane Supplication Day
- Inca - festival in honor of Ilyap'a
- Ebernoe Horn Fair, Sussex, England
- St. Valentine
- St. Paul
- St. Nissen
- St. Cucufas/Cougat
- St. Christopher
- Costa Rica - Anniversary of the Annexation of Guanacaste Province
- Galiza - National Day (Dia da Patria Galega).
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 7 saints: St. Saint James the Great, the patron saint of Spain.
- Demetra George: American astrologer, writer and speaker from the late '60s; a member of AFAN, NCGR and ISAR.
- André Lebrun (politician)
- Christian Kert
- Nicole Farhi: French fashion designer and sculptor.
- Gallaghe Gallagher: Comedian.
- P Selvarasa: Sri Lankan politician.
- John Gibson: American radio host.
- Rita Marley: Jamaican-Cuban singer (I Threes).
- José Areas: Nicaraguan drummer (Santana).
- Narziss Oh: German psychology.
- 1st bikini is shown at a Paris fashion show
- US detonates underwater atomic bomb at Bikini (5th atomic explosion).
- At Club 500 in Atlantic City, New Jersey, Dean Martin and Jerry Lewis stage their first show as a comedy team.
- Operation Crossroads: an atomic bomb is detonated underwater in the lagoon of Bikini atoll.