Monday 8 June 1903
It was Monday, under the sign of Gemini (see planets position on June 8, 1903). The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Marguerite Yourcenar and Léon Gischia.
The Inn Where No Man Rests, directed by Georges Méliès, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1903
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 8 June 1903
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 June 1903!
Which were the important events of 8 June 1903 ?
- Saint Sabinianus, abbot, confessor [GTZ: Puy]
- World Ocean Day.
- Saint Audomar, bishop of ThTrouanne, confessor (Translation day)
- Saint Elphege, bishop, martyr (Translation day)
- Saint Marius, hermit [GTZ: Clermont]
- Trojecia, virgin (at Rodez)
- Roman Empire - second day of the Vestalia in honor of Vesta.
- Blessed Chlodulph, bishop of Metz
- Blessed Gildard, bishop of Rouen, confessor
- Blessed Maximinus, bishop of Aix en Provence
- Blessed William, bishop of York, confessor
- Blessed Syra of Ireland, virgin
- Syria, virgin (at Troyes)
- saint Medard, bishop of Noyon, confessor [common]
- Marguerite Yourcenar: Belgian writer, classical scholar and the first woman to enter L' Academie Francaise.
- Léon Gischia: French artist, painter, set designer.
- Ronald Shiner: Actor (Carry on Admiral, Keep it Clean, Aunt Clara).
- Gerrit C Berkouwer: Dutch theologist (Dogmatic Studies).
- Ralph Yarborough: American colonel and politician (d. 1996).
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1903 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Henry Burr - The Rosary
- If Money Talks, It Ain't On Speaking Terms with Me - Arthur Collins
- My Old Kentucky Home - Haydn Quartet