Monday 8 June 1903
It was Monday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Marguerite Yourcenar and Léon Gischia.
while The Virginian by Owen Wister was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 June 1903!
Which were the important events of 8 June 1903 ?
- Saint Sabinianus, abbot, confessor [GTZ: Puy]
- World Ocean Day.
- Saint Audomar, bishop of ThTrouanne, confessor (Translation day)
- Saint Elphege, bishop, martyr (Translation day)
- Saint Marius, hermit [GTZ: Clermont]
- Trojecia, virgin (at Rodez)
- Roman Empire - second day of the Vestalia in honor of Vesta.
- Blessed Chlodulph, bishop of Metz
- Blessed Gildard, bishop of Rouen, confessor
- Blessed Maximinus, bishop of Aix en Provence
- Blessed William, bishop of York, confessor
- Blessed Syra of Ireland, virgin
- Syria, virgin (at Troyes)
- saint Medard, bishop of Noyon, confessor [common]
- Marguerite Yourcenar: Belgian writer, classical scholar and the first woman to enter L' Academie Francaise.
- Léon Gischia: French artist, painter, set designer.
- Ronald Shiner: Actor (Carry on Admiral, Keep it Clean, Aunt Clara).
- Leon Gischia: France Painter.
- Ralph Yarborough: American colonel and politician (d. 1996).
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?